Health | Organization & management consulting
Strategy consulting: global sector approach to healthcare
Promoting and strengthening the health sector by integrating different stakeholders in the planning, implementation and evaluation of health policies and programs
Strengthening health sector governance and operations
This project aims to adopt a global sectoral approach to promote and improve health in a specific country or region. Rather than focusing solely on medical aspects, this project has encompassed all relevant sectors, such as education, the environment, agriculture, transport and the economy, which have a direct or indirect impact on people’s health. The aim is to put in place integrated policies and programs to strengthen health systems and improve quality of life in a holistic way.
Cayambe was commissioned for this project and supported the governments involved.
The following team was mobilized:
- A health expert
- A psychology/psychiatry expert
- An expert economist
- An expert in healthcare infrastructure
The project is run over six months by a project manager and technically supervised by the Cayambe Health Manager.
The team set up by Cayambe carried out the following actions:
- Assess the factors that influence health in various sectors, such as access to healthcare, education, environmental sanitation, food security, housing and employment
- Facilitate collaboration between ministries, government agencies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and civil society players to develop integrated health policies and action plans
- Set up monitoring and evaluation mechanisms to measure the impact of sectoral interventions on the health of populations, using relevant health indicators