Training: Directorate General of Taxes & tax control of mining activities
CAYAMBE training for tax agents responsible for controlling companies, particularly mining companies, to promote mining development
The skills of the staff of the Tax Department of the Ministry of the Economy and Finance responsible for tax control of national companies, including mining companies, have been enhanced
The training provided by CAYAMBE is designed to enhance the skills of agents from the Tax Department of the Ministry of the Economy and Finance, who are responsible for tax control of national companies, including mining companies. Their duties and responsibilities in the fiscal control of mining operators have a direct impact on the development of existing and future mining activities. The course, designed for a total of 50 participants divided into four groups, meets the customer’s specific requirements.
3 Cayambe experts were involved in this project:
- 3 mining tax trainers
The project, which lasted 3 weeks, was carried out under the responsibility of a project manager and the Finance Director.
CAYAMBE’s experts covered key aspects of tax issues and trained participants in the use of operational tools to ensure effective control and monitoring of mining operators’ activities.
The following topics were covered during the training:
- In-depth analysis of risks and challenges in the mining investment environment
- Exploration of standard taxation and specific revenue sources in the mining context, including fixed and proportional royalties, additional taxation, withholding taxes, contractual bonuses, free state participation, VAT and customs, etc.
- In-depth analysis of strategies to combat tax optimization and transfer pricing
- Understanding the international tax aspects of selling securities
- Acquire the skills needed to carry out a financial and tax audit, focusing on control techniques for mining operators