Organization & management consulting | Protect & preserve | Risks
Environmental consulting: Environmental Management System (EMS) for a world leader
Improvement of the Environmental Management System of a major industrial group to ISO 14001 standard
Accompany the company towards environmental and sustainable excellence by optimizing and revitalizing its EMS in line with ISO 14001 international best practices
The leading iron ore producer in an African country has been committed to developing an Environmental Management System (EMS) since 2007. Having obtained ISO 14001 certification in 2011, the company is planning a certification audit according to the 2015 version of the standard in 2017.
As part of this initiative, CAYAMBE was asked to set up a training program for the company’s staff. The aim is to help the company operationalize and improve its EMS, in line with international best practice in environmental management. This approach also aims to prepare the company for the ISO 14001 certification audit.
3 Cayambe experts were involved in this project:
- 1 ISO 14001-certified auditor-trainer
- 2 international trainers specialized in environmental management
The 3-month project was managed by a project manager and an Ecosystem director.
- Training company staff to improve environmental risk management
- Implementation of practices in line with international standards to prepare for ISO 14001 certification audit
- Support in implementing the EMS and adopting best environmental practices