Government & corporate operations | Protect & preserve
Capacity building: environmental control of mining activities
Strengthening skills in environmental monitoring of mining activities for sustainable management of natural resources
Propel public administration towards excellence by providing it with the essential tools for effective control and monitoring of mining activities
The Ministry of the Environment and Fishing Resources has initiated a training program to enhance the skills of a group of 20 agents in the environmental control of mining activities. The main objective was to equip the public administration with the tools needed to ensure effective control and monitoring of mining activities in the country.
2 Cayambe experts were involved in this project:
- 2 experts specialized in environmental monitoring of mining activities
The project, which lasted 2 weeks, was carried out under the responsibility of a project manager and an Ecosystem manager.
- Structuring the training program
- Selection of expert trainers
- Training participants on national environmental control policy
- Setting up environmental control and management tools for mining projects
- On-site training logistics
- Follow-up on skills acquired and implemented